A good book... or not? (Part two)

Chapter two. Same as last time. Comment freely. Thanks! Oh! also I fixed Chapt. One, so please read it again, before this one.


2
2
I opened my eyes “Ah!” “Shadow!”
“Yeah?” asked Shadow, looking at me warily.
He was kneeling on the floor next to me. Shadow knew about my visions, of course. “Get the others!”
It was still early morning, so most of the group was asleep. Shadow watched me for a second more, then sighed, got up, and headed off to get Jay, Dee, and Karma. “Hurry!” I called after him.
I began to toss some dried and canned food into one pack. I’d take this pack because it would be pretty heavy, having cans in it. I filled it about half way up with food, then, I shoved a couple of blankets in the space that was left.
When Shadow came back, he had several really sleepy kids in tow. Jay, at seven, was the youngest in our little group. Jay whistled quietly, and a bright red bird flew in through the window, and landed on top of his head, on Jay’s reddish hair. It wasn’t really a window, I guess. It was a kind of hole we’d purposefully knocked in the rusty wall, so we could have some day light once in a while. But anyway, his face lit up like a Christmas tree. It always made him so happy to talk to his birds. Jay’s power is extremely confusing. I don’t fully understand it, but, hey, it works, so no one’s complaining.
Karma is nine, going on twenty five: she thinks she knows everything. She’s tall for her age, and has blonde hair, and these extremely pretty blue eyes. When you see her you automatically assume she is harmless. Then you learn more about her…
Karma’s, well, she’s somthin’ else. If she touches someone, she can see into their future, but only once. Like, if she touches you fifty times she’ll only be able to use her power once. And she only sees the best and worst things that will ever happen to you. She can prevent it, if she wants to. But Karma also sees the whole picture. Like how it would affect other people if she stopped something from happening to someone. So, sometimes she doesn’t mess with anything. Sometimes she does. That’s why she named herself “Karma”.
Dee is twelve. She’s very calm, for a twelve-year-old. It’s probably because she’s Shadow’s little sister. You never know. She has black hair, a shade lighter than Shadow’s, and dark skin like him. One difference in their looks, though, is that Shadow looks as dangerous as he is. Dee doesn’t look dangerous, she is. She’s not one of those athletic builds, or anything. Dee does not look very strong, but don’t under estimate her. It could be the last thing you ever do. Dee doesn’t like her “gift”. It makes her feel strange. She says that maybe mind reading is cute when you’re like, under ten. But not when you’re older. She can’t block out her ability or anything, but it’s not like she doesn’t try. She says that when she reads your thoughts, she doesn’t hear it in her mind. She sees it. Like the text in a book, only, kind of on the back of her eyelids.
“So, now will you tell us what’s goin’ on?”
Karma asked Shadow. Shadow looked at me.
“I’ll leave this one to you.” He said.
I rolled my eyes at him, “They’re coming,” I said “Help me pack.”
Nobody asked me who. They just went and got all their stuff.



I'm workin' on it.

-DarkHawk09

P.S. Thanks, Wicked Witch!

2 comments:

BeckStra7 said...

This is pretty interesting. I'd like to see what's going to happen next. I've read a lot of the books on your list, Max being the primary one. I think I've read II over 20 times. Uglies and the rest of 'em were pretty good, too, but I was dissapointed in Specials.

~Me

DarkHawk09 said...

Thanks.
Yeah, I was dissapointed in Specials, too. Mostly 'cause it was the last one. The ending was good though.